Monday, July 15, 2013

My Gaming Project will be Focused on Just One Learning Activity

Okay, so I learned two things in Week 2 of my gaming class:
  1. I am way over my head and do not have enough pockets of time to do this course justice.
  2. Thinklink is a very interesting education tool that I need to explore further; essentially you take any image and turn it into an interactive experience for students. Hmmmm maybe the basis for my gaming project?
Also I must mention that Week 1 has a serious case of TMI- too much information! too much read and too many videos to watch. Two videos and two or three articles would be sufficient, the rest should go into an optional folder because as a "newbie" I am unsure what I should address and what I can safely ignore.

Since I have already decided that an entirely gamified course is way beyond my skills, abilities, creativity, allotted time and budget, I am going to try and focus on gamifying just one activity.  My computer fundamentals students need to learn how to search the web efficiently, finding the best sources in the shortest amount of time; I think this learning activity can be turned into a game that will make achieving the objectives more engaging for them.

The most useful resource in our course that I found to help me begin my project is the gamification chart which I think is a good starting point because it is simple enough to get me thinking about parts of my project.
Gamification Chart
Finally, I will need to look more closely at ways to assess my project without reading an entire book on the topic! Let's see what Week 2 brings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home